Tuesday, August 2, 2011

someone please build a giant umbrella over Bombay

I've been working out a lot. With the little walking I do in Bangalore, I like to run on the treadmill in 75% humidity and no AC in the gym. It makes me feel alive. (actually, a funny side story about my gym usage at the apartment. a few young pre-teen type girls started coming to the gym at my usual work out time and would just mess around on the equipment, seemingly for the sole purpose of creating more body heat in the tiny gym. one 13-year-old girl sheepishly came up to me and asked me to teach her some ab work outs. needless to say, she failed to notice my pot belly).


Anyway, I haven't really been working out to lose weight. No, it's a nice benefit, but the real reason was preventative: I was going to Bombay to visit my chef uncle who I knew would feed me. And oh god, did he. Pizza, Chinese food, aloo puri, parathas, etc. It was awesome. I had Chinese food at the Taj hotel & met a variety of chefs (including one who got shot in 26/11 attacks).

Mumbai is a beautiful city--I really loved it there, despite the monsoon. Anything in Bangalore I've referred to as monsoon is misguided. Holy crap the monsoon weather in Bombay was INSANE. Soaked from head to toe the whole time I was there. I almost regretted not doing a study in Bombay, just to live there for a few months. photos on flickr.

PS I ate street food... at the beach... during monsoon... I'm still alive! (AND IT WAS DELICIOUS)

1 comment: