Monday, May 23, 2011

Washington Dulles & Jazz Muzak on the speakers....

"halp"
I'm pretty exhausted from my dog keeping me up all night due to freaking out over a thunderstorm (not because she was anxious about the suitcases) but I'm also ready to get on the airplane and read more Tina Fey's Bossypants and pass out in my horseshoe pillow (yeah, I have that kind of foresight).
god, gandhi, dramamine 
There are a lot of young, Indian families on their way to Bangalore/Bengaluru. I was one of these kids once, so it's kind of interesting how full-circle this is.. well kind of. Also: a lot of Tamil going on right now and I don't understand Tamil at all, which is another weird feeling. It's strangely comforting, while being isolating at the same time. I can only imagine these parents praying their kid won't vom on the flight (I have vommed on approximately 4+ flights) and they have no idea how hard I'm praying that I won't be next to a vomming/crying kid. This is going to be a strange but familiar trip.

UPDATE: my "Virginia is for Lovers" tshirt didn't go over well in Heathrow. also we may need to invest in sleeping Englishmen as a new source of energy. How do they emit so much heat while sleeping on airplanes????

2 comments:

  1. I like how you managed to mention vomiting in 2 posts already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they sass you about your shirt? I told you. You should always stick to college t-shirts/sweatshirts.. people just roll their eyes and avoid you.

    ReplyDelete